Making Art in the Dunes

encaustic, oil stick & ash on handmade paper

I started out each day writing in my journal, drinking percolated coffee and gathering up the last of the Vitamin D of the sunshine, here in mid October. I can't believe how warm it is outside. Two days of bright sunshine. I am feeling lucky to be alive.


This is a sign that I painted last year. It pointed to the well. I was happy that it lasted nicely through the winter weather. I realized I had no vacation at all last year. This was the first stretch of time with no watch, with no agenda, with no phone...totally disconnected since last December. I had planned on possibly taking a vacation to Italy last Spring but it didn't happen. So here I am on vacation....loving it.




Gearing up to make some art....


This is a detail of a C-Scape Shack Painting
I was working in mostly oil sticks & encaustic & was also using some painting medium and ash from the wood stove.  I was getting some great texture. I painted a painting of the shack too.






Comments

Popular Posts