70 degrees on October 28

The last few days have been so beautiful...first some rain, which sounded great and loud on the skylights and at work nicely banging around the tower walls. A good storm at work is really good! I work in a windmill. Or really a water tower. I can say that not too many people can say, they work in a water tower and it is a very lovely thing.  I am lucky. I still do love my job.



Then today started with big thick fog that finally burned off and then became 70 degrees outside. Sunny, warm and blue. On my way home I stopped 3 times to take pictures as the sky was insane with pinks and baby blues.

I can't believe it's almost Halloween, which is a high holiday in Provincetown!

People take this holiday very seriously! Since Halloween is on a Sunday, I think Saturday will be the big night. Which means there is a lot of nurses, drag queens that are as common as a ghost in the inner city, parade on the street. It is an un-organized parade that begins close to 10 pm , though some start much earlier.  Like tomorrow night perhaps.  Last year it was great about 20 people dressed up as monsters and did a choreographed dance of Micheal Jacksons "Thriller." - It was SO GREAT.  And unexpected. They would show up all over town and just break into dance.


I have been watching these random birds who are showing up on the deck. They are searching for a good drink. And Harpo is not so interested in sharing his deck. So, he is getting a bit possessive and also protecting me. Protecting me from the bird take-over. So every time they land....he runs over and barks....growls.....and gets very dog - like.


But look at how cute this bird is! Yellow Beak....slowly drinking in the bowl that I made. He is a bit safer when he goes in the bowl, as then Harpo doesn't see him. Nice to know they like my bowl. I have been throwing bowls for the past 4 years. I really love pottery or is it Clay or Ceramics. I can consider myself a bowl maker. Not mugs, not plates, not bird food holders.....bowls. I love bowls.


Comments

Popular Posts