The Mouse


Well about a month ago I began paintings mice. Not sure why but they just popped up. So I went with it. They are both 8" x 8" and done in Encaustic.

Then last Friday I was at work having a lovely conversation with a board member and I looked up and there was a mouse sitting on the ledge next to the window, basking in the sun. [see above & below], not quite knowing what to do....I called a friend. She came over and totally took care of the situation. She said "take this box and hold it close to the mouse, so there is only one place it can go, in the box." Then (this was the part I had a hard time with), when the mouse walks into the box, close the top. OK, "I say"....everything was going swimmingly, the mouse walked into the box, and before I could close the top I paniced, and threw the box in the air, and the mouse flew out and landed in the dog's water bowl below......(kind of thank god, because if it just fell in the room on the floor, we never would have gotten it!) - she took the bowl out and set the boy free.  That was my Friday.







So that is the end of my story. Goodnight.

Comments

Popular Posts