Fund Raiser for a Couple of Friends in Need

So in 2 weeks Castle Hill and Gallery Ehva are throwing a Fund Raiser for Cyndi Wish & Carla Anderson. Cyndi worked for me for 5 years and quit in the middle of the summer. We really did have what I thought was a good relationship until she left me in the lurch mid July. There was part of me, that understood her feelings of coming back to a pair of comfortable shoes (from 4 months in San Francisco) - that was her analogy of needing to leave -  she was over qualified for the job, and I had kept changing it to keep her stimulated and happy. Anyway....she needed to leave and though I was really sad and upset... I have since let it go.

Anyway, about a month ago Cyndi was diagnosed with stage 2 Hodgkin's Lymphoma.  They caught it early and very quickly began Chemo.  There is a 90% chance of a full cure. So that is good news.

Cyndi Wish Tornado Series, woodcut
About 7 months ago Carla Anderson was diagnosed with Breast Cancer. She and I have been "dating" - she is a writer, photographer and someone who likes to make things out of found objects (hopefully found on the beach after a storm).   She has been working on a book, since I met her about her travels and adventures boating down the coast. Oh, did I mention she is a boat captain. Though I have never been in a boat she is captaining, I would really like to.

Carla, out to gather treasures on the back shore, Provincetown

3 Special feathers were found

Saturday, November 27th at 4 - 7 pm, at Gallery Ehva at 74 Shankpainter Road in Provincetown. We are still collecting art for a silent auction or gift certificates or if you can't make the event and want to make a donation to this fundraiser with cash you can send it to: Castle Hill,  PO Box 756, Truro, MA 02666.
Tickets are $25 at the door, more of you can less if you can't.

100% of the money raised will be donated to our Friends in Need.

Neither of them are able to work and can really use money for all the needs of staying healthy - ie. food, massage, acupuncture, vitamins, chocolate....

THANKS SO MUCH.

Comments

Popular Posts