My Work

I have been painting my whole life. For the past 5 years have been working predominately in Encaustics. Working in wax.  I had a show last month at Kobalt Gallery in Provincetown. The opening was on the night that hurricane Earl was suppose to come through, though the weathermen were wrong and he stayed away. It was a good crowd. My subject matter consists of sheep, pigs, dogs, birds and flowers. I am very interested in the material. Scraping, excavating the surface. Painting, fusing, painting,scraping, fusing...layers and layers.

It started last year, when I got a call from a friend that said, baby sheep were just born down the street at Tom Kane's farm, let's go look. So, we headed down and the rest is history. I took a million pictures. I watched them get cleaned off from their mother sheep. And within hours they were walking. I have 2 dogs that look like sheep. Maude and Harpo, so it just made perfect sense that I would fall so hard in love with these little beings.

 
I also made a series of pigs and sheep out of clay that I then Raku fired, which were a great compliment to the 2-D works.

Comments

Popular Posts