Sheep & Dogs

For the past 3 years my work has revolved around animals. Not exactly sure why, but I like the forms. I like the personality that evokes from them. I also like the playfulness that comes from animals. My work has always had a playfulness side to them.  I feel like the materials and mediums that I have been working with lend itself to the expression and fluidity. The following paintings are done in graphite, oil stick and encaustic, they are 16" x 16" on birch panels.


Also, I collect sheep and I have 2 dogs that highly resemble sheep.




I also like placing these animals in places that they never are. Like the beach for example. The juxtaposition is important to me. 

When I went to Italy, I was in search for the perfect sheep, I figured there were so many mangers out there, that there has got to be some good sets of sheep. I did find some really great ones especially in Naples. People were a little surprised that I didn't want the baby Jesus, just the sheep sir, just the sheep.

Baby Sheep, 12" x 12"

Comments

Popular Posts