5 More Days

Today is 5 days before the 5th International Encaustic Conference. At 5:00 on May (the fifth month) 29th. Memorial Day Weekend.

I spent the last 2 days working the Raku Extravaganza and Print Spectacular at Castle Hill. It was a great turn out both days, a great print show in the gallery by the Printmakers of  Cape Cod, and a big ceramic sale by the Cape Cod Potters and the Castle Hill faculty. We are sharing the love in clay and ink this weekend.

It was really good energy, even though by feet are killing me and my back is sore.




The crowds are excited about The Encaustic Conference. When I went over to Pamet, where demos were happening all weekend, Carol Odell was doing a demo on encaustic and printmaking.  She had poured encaustic medium onto a zinc place and scraping into it with a scribe. Then inking it like an intaglio print and running it through the press. A very interesting technique.

In the next room Cyndi Wish was presenting a Piano Stitch Binding - she likes the rusty long nails the best!

I will also post her print which is in the show and I love it very much!

Ellen - reduction woodcut by Cyndi Wish

Comments

Popular Posts