Happy 1.1.11

Today is One, One, Two thousand and eleven - 1.1.11 adds up to 4 my favorite number.
And I got my haircut at 1:00.

I am amazed that it's already January! Not sure where November and December went. I'm winding down my week-long vacation. Which I didn't do too much. Made some art, did some drawings, threw a New Year's Eve Party, took a bunch of long walks on the beach and did a bunch of cooking.

Blacked eyed peas / or as they call it Jumpin' Johns - though I make them with an Indian twist. Spicy and tomato-y and I have to say very yummy. I do make them every year, but this batch seemed better than usual.  I've been thinking about cooking a lot lately. I have always liked to cook, though my past partner really loved to cook. So, I didn't do that much.  Though I was known as the one who could make things without a cookbook or recipes and the one who cooked the cultural foods, like Indian, Thai, Mexican and other spicy foods. I did get some credit for that.

So, in the last week or two, I have dug up some old but new recipes, like the Blueberry Upside Down Cake, and the Nick Malgeiri - Orange scented Olive Oil Cake. I always loved them, but never made them, and I decided to change that. And make some of the things that I missed that Laura always made.

The other fabulous thing of 1.1.11 is that my thermometer said 70 degrees on my deck. It really wasn't. But it was over 50 and felt so beautiful. Read the newspaper outside and ate breakfast outside too!



 
The other very exciting thing of the day is a giant Peregrine Falcon has taken up residency across the street a the Provincetown Library. He is very big and beautiful.




So Happy New Year to all.  Below is the first step of a new series of paintings. My amaryllis are going wild right now. Unlike the drawing below.

Comments

Popular Posts