Vacation

Well, I can't be more excited to have 3 days of 80 degree weather on my week-long vacation in mid October. Things are suppose to change to be a little cooler tomorrow, but I am just happy to have some time to BE and have the sun smash against my face and to be in shorts again!



So far my days have consisted of going out to the Dune Shack Thalassa. I didn't win it this year, but Carla did, so I was going to go with her. But since Maude is a bit under the weather, I am here on this side of Route 6, doing what I would have done over there....well with the commodities like heating wax and charging my iphone. It is amazing how much we do take for granted when we can choose to just not turn things on. Or walk up a big hill (the dune) after pumping the water. (I haven't had to do that yet). Anyway, I am spending time with me making art, I am spending time cooking for Maude and touching more meat than I have probably my entire life. I cooked a tuna steak, ripped a precooked chicken from Stop & Shop, and happy to say she ate today for the first time in 3 days. So I am happy.

This is Thalassa - probably 6' x 12', part of the Peaked Hill Trust


This is Ray Wells Shack, she died a few months ago at 101
We took 3 good walks on the beach and I managed to not talk to anyone until close to 2:45! Then I went to Lands End and bought some denatured alcohol and shellac for a few thoughts I want to persu tomorrow. I also sewed up a few little books that are on my mind. Wax filled the air for a good part of the day.


I thought I would show some nice photos of Thalassa and the beauty of the dunes. Only 2 miles away from the center of town, it is an amazing thing.





Had a delicious salad that Carla made


Carla relaxing and her hair is flowing like the seagrass

The first toaster!

Nice door

Flower holder for the door -that says Thalassa (spelled wrong)
The Well
The end
I realized I haven't put up any art, or drawings. I need to to take some photos of my drawing that I did while over there. I will do that tomorrow. Oh maybe AFTER I get a massage!

Maude on the Right, Harpo on the left - do you feel the love?

Comments

  1. Great photos, Cherie. Thanks! It looks like a wonderful place. I'm glad you had good weather - so strange at this time of year, but we'll take it. What kind of birds nest in those bird boxes? They look great on those wooden poles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe Swallows? They do like it out there. Sorry, I never saw your post / comment.

    c

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos,Thanks! It looks like a admirable place. admirable post..thanks for administration here..miami beach condos

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts