A New Year * A Day to Remember

This has been a really long year I can't believe it's Twenty Thirteen! Professionally this was a big year for me and for Castle Hill. Purchasing 12 Meetinghouse Road. Something that should have happened 41 years ago! But it finally happened. I spend the past 18 month raising money. Something, I'm not  that use to doing. So a big learning curve for me as well. So I raised $600,000 of our $850,000 goal. So, I'm not completely done, but can slow down a bit! And that makes me very happy. We closed on 12/12/12 at 1:20 in the afternoon! Plus some parties to celebrate.

Here is 12 Meetinghouse Road all dolled up with lights.


Chocolate sheetcake from Far Lands Provisions to help us celebrate!

Home made chocolates by Chris Kelley of Sweet Baking! Delish!


As for my art....I have a piece that is part of juried show taking place tomorrow nigh (Saturday January 5)  at Cotuit Center for the Arts. It's part of an Arts Foundation of Cape Cod event. Over 260 people applied and only 60 something got in, so that's kind of exciting. Dana Pasila who works with me got in as well as Lois Hirshberg. This piece below is the one that got into the show.



I have been working on a new series. They are somewhat landscape-ish because they do tend to have a horizon line. I'm experimenting with different feelings of fluidity and loosness. I'm liking them.




The light is amazing outside right now. It's been a busy day and an intense day.

The couch doesn't fit so they had to go over the fence.

Busy as I got a new couch today. My back has been killing me and I decided that I needed to break down and buy a new couch. My IKEA couch lasted a long time over 12 years and soon it will be good for "someone new" that doesn't have back troubles.

Couch on deck with morning light

Couch with sun setting light
Getting dark with couch

Caribbean sea with Couch

Couch looks good out there

Pink couch

So, from 8:30 this morning my couch moved to my deck to make room or the almost exactly the same slipcovered couch as the one now residing on my deck. I've been documenting the couch all day. They guy Mike was suppose to pick it up before 2:00, then never called after my 2 attempts. I started to get pissed as I had 5 people interested in this couch and if he didn't want it at least let me know. And now it's outside and what would happen if it started to rain, then a weird cloud came by at one point. So...finally he called and said his friend with the truck got a flat tire and needed to go to Orleans and would be back in 2 hours the latest. So, I got to live with the couch all day! He still hasn't come and it's beginning to get moist. Anyway, I've decided not to worry.

The new couch, with Amaryllis



The other thing that happened today is Logan Dunne passed away at 4:54 am. He was 19 and has been struggling with Cancer for the past 5 years. He was a great young man, a gentle soul and touched everyone he came into contact with. His mother is the president of my board at Castle Hill, Kim Kettler, she has been so strong and great throughout this difficult struggle. I can't even imagine the sadness and loss for her and her family.

John Bonelli and his Mom Amelia


Then at 1:31pm today, John Bonelli called to tell me his mother passed away. She has suffered from congestive heart failure for awhile among other difficult illnesses through out the past year, which has sent her into the hospital and rehab over and over again. She was funny. She loved to dress up. She always wanted to be where the action was....just like John.

This post is dedicated to Amelia Bonelli and Logan Dunne, I think if you meet somewhere up there in heaven you would find comfort in each other.  Peace, love and light to you both on this January 4th.

Tonight's sky January 4th, 2013

Comments

  1. What a beautiful post Cherie! I am sorry about the passing of these friends. The last photo is wonderful! I love the clouds and the light!
    I hope Mike picked up the couch.
    Happy New Year!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post. I am sorry for the losses. A young persons death is always so sad...........on the brink of life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mike picked up the couch. I thought they were going to either fall down the stairs or drop this VERY heavy sleeper sofa. Though it all worked out and he was very grateful to have it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad I got to see the changing of the couch, even from far, far away!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts