More New Paintings - OffSeason

So, as we talk about the off season, there is a film being filmed in Provincetown called "OFF SEASON" and I'm suppose to drive by and yell out the window to a fake board of selectman. I was kind of excited as I liked the idea of being an extra....I just that the call that the drive by is not needed, but Carla agreed to have a star role (forgot what that's called) oh yes, a cameo appearance - I won't spoil it.

Anyway, I do love the off season and one of the reasons being is that I paint for 3 days straight. Friday's, Saturdays and Sundays.....so that is feeling really good.

So this is a very new series that began last fall in a Staurt Shils Workshop. It was about the moment in time. The class was called the Perpetual Moment. I loved it. It was very intense and painting outside (which I have never done) with oil paints and an easel. By the end of the 2nd day, I started enjoying it. It has taken this long to absorb some of what the class was about. 8 hours a day for 3 days. He is an incredible teacher and coming back next fall. His painting is also on the cover of the Castle Hill Spring & Summer Catalog!

Looking at something and only seeing the important parts. No details...think dark and light, think if you stare at a quarter on the ground everything around it is somewhat blurry....paint that. This is not an easy thing to do, mind you. Well no painting is easy, but for me, this was a stretch. I made some interesting paintings (none of which I have ever shown anyone) and in the last month started to paint somethings with building in them. Not a subject matter that I usually paint. An occasional building might pop up, but this is something a little different.

I would like some feedback....








This last image is bigger, it's 16" x 16" all the rest are small, 5" x 7". I like them as a group.

The fog is rolling in and I hear the foghorn in the distance. I may go look out the window to see if the movie has gone by my house yet.... anything than going to the grocery store!

Comments

  1. Love the atmosphere, marks, placing/spacing of lines/architecture......makes it look like they could be really large pieces as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a simplicity that eludes playfulness and stirs the imagination with a mysterious edge. Love the greys.

    I don't know you but like your blog writing and your work. I'm heading to the conference I hope. Secured a cheap hotel and am hoping I will survive the drive. Looking forward to meeting you.
    Linda Bigness

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts