Painting A lot

I have been very busy painting and need to figure out a vent system. My studio is upstairs in my house, which is a loft, and in the summer things are very open and blowing through, but in the winter, all closed up. Big high ceilings are good in the rest of the room and I usually have a fan blowing so the fumes are moving by me.

I am very aware of this as safety is important and would hate to wake up one day slurring my words or some crazy tick like those girls in Le Roy, New York. I love that they call it the Conversational Disorder - where emotional distress is converted to bodily symptoms. It this some disorder that people can just feel comfortable having conversations about? The people have no idea at this point as to what is causing it. Anyway, hopefully they are not melting wax in their lofts!

Anyway, I will post some of my VERY new paintings. Some on paper, some on panels. I've been interested into muted colors and marble dust, being loose with the flow and just seeing what happens. There are many things that can be controlled in wax and there are many things that can be led to chance - I am trying to hang out somewhere in the middle. Lots of layers.

So here are some landscapes on Panels.







All of the above are small - 6" x 6", they are encaustic, pigment stick and marble dust.





This series are all done on 9" x 12" handmade paper, encaustic, pigment stick and marble dust.

There is something I'm really liking about the marble dust, you can mix it with paint to give it texture (with the pigment sticks)  or you can rub it on the painting after, you can also rub it on during and then put a layer of medium on. If you fuse it it looses the flatness that the dust provides. I'm liking the flatness.

That's all for now. It's been a busy 3 days! Super Bowl is now over and I can come out from below the wax! :-)

Comments

Popular Posts