January


Is it me, or is time just flying by?

Things are going well in my world. I am going to try and make a new years resolution that I write in my blog (at least) once a month. I really don't like new years resolutions, because you are bound to fail over time. But today I thought I would like to try and make it happen.

Harpo only looks like he is ripping her head off! But really he is very gentle.  


So three weeks ago, Lily came to live with us.  She and Harpo are very happy together! It took 5 days to begin to know that fun can be had. She knows how to sit, lay down, Come only to me (not good), and almost know to go to the back door when she needs out. Pretty good! I think....12 weeks old!

Then they cozy up!
I've been painting a bunch and that is feeling good. I'm liking this new series. A little more abstract. A few crows have flown back onto the panel. I was invited to be in the Pollination Show that is traveling to Provincetown in June. This is a show that Gregory Wright has curated and it was at the Brush Gallery in Lowell during November and December.  It received wonderful reviews.  I'm happy to be part of if - with other great artists.

The work needed to be something that didn't have any bees in it. That was hard for me, as I've been into bees lately.

Thinking I may not post that new dyptich for the show, but some new works done in the last 2 weeks.

Crow on the Sea, 16" x 20" Encaustic on Panel
Crow with Horizon Line, Encuastic 16: x 20"

White Crow, Encuastic Marble dust, 16" x 20"
Two Crows with Boat, Encaustic, 12" x 24"

Two Crows with Pier, Encaustic, 12" x 24"




Comments

  1. Thanks for posting, Cherie. I'm glad things are going well and you are enjoying the wonderful addition of Lily in your life. Time is flying! Before you know it, the conference will be here. How did that happen? I'm so glad to know that you will be joining the Pollination show in Ptown. That's great!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts