New Bambino

Well, it's been almost a whole month since I wrote about World AIDS and now it's almost 2012! I can't believe how the time has gone so fast!! I am on vacation this week and also celebrating a new puppy who came home a week ago yesterday. She is quite the bundle of fur!

This is a wonderful time to be able to spend some quality home time with Lily. She is smart, knows what she wants and has those razor blade teeth that are just popping though her little gums. I flew down to Maryland and picked her up. She sat on my lap the whole flight and was a quiet little thing. When I met Tracy (the breeder) in the airport, I opened the little bag and couldn't believe how SMALL she was. I don't remember getting Maude or Harpo that small. She was a day over 8 weeks. She had a good first 8 weeks with a new brother and sister. She was the only one that was "blue" in her litter - that is her coloring. She is born black but they lighten up as they get older and she will be a nice metallic gray color with a black button nose - like Maude. Harpo is "liver" with a perfect brown nose.

I am spending my week painting, drinking coffee, playing with Lily, trying to teach her about going out and peeing outside. All good stuff, maybe even a nap.

I am very happy to be taking this week off from work even though I am still plotting out next summer. It is looking pretty good though! I'm excited about it! So, here are a few pictures of the new sister, the puppy, the center of the universe, the cute thing.

Here she is in her little bed




She does sleep a lot! Thank god!




Frolicking on the beach, sadly I had to buy her a pink jacket, the only color they had and she was cold.




Did I mention she has a polka dotted paw?
Carla getting in some love time!
Looking really CUTE.
Playing in the garden.


Comments

  1. Wow, she is a cutie! The photo of her with Harpo really shows how small she is. Her coloring is great with the bluish tint. I'm glad you are taking a week to relax and spend time with her - that's great for both of you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts