Labor DAY or is that LABOR Day

Well this summer did fly by. I am happy to say. Though I would be happy with a few more months of warm weather, I am happy about Labor Day being upon us. I have exuded a bunch of labor this summer and now I am tired.

Here I am working very hard holding up this sign! It was a good sign.
I wish all the workers a good day off tomorrow.

Wall at Kobalt Gallery in Provincetown
So the Provincetown Banner did a story on me this week. It was a pretty good article.   It spoke about about me as an artist as well as an administrator.   It's also nice to be noticed as an artists because most know me more as an administrator of a lovely art school in Truro. Though I'm not sure why I think that, since I have been represented in Provincetown for the past 18 years, 8 years at Julie Heller and before that at East End Gallery with Bunny Pearlman for maybe 7 years. Then for the past 3 years with Kobalt Gallery. Before that I was involved in 2 galleries in CT. Artworks Gallery and Gallery on the Green in Canton CT. Both were co-op like galleries. I had a lovely studio in Hartford a 56 Arbor Street I loved it. Now my studio which is much smaller is in my house on the upper floor of my house, though it has a great view of the harbor. So is smaller better?

The funny thing is the first sentence which goes like this: Known wherever she parks her sporty red convertible for a warm smile and can-do attitude, the outgoing, curly-haired Cherie Mittenthal has been on overdrive since daffodil season. [which is very true about the overdrive and the curly hair!]

~note: the article is written by Susan Rand Brown who is from Hartford who I have know for many years. She is involved in the Hartford Community College and has a house in Provincetown in the Summer. She does freelance writing for the Banner. She came to me, mid summer and said I want to write a story on you and I already got it approved from the Banner.  Which one unusually begs to get press in the summer!!

Well, I don't have a red sports car, though I do have a silver Mini Cooper Convertible. A few people have mentioned since reading the article that I do have a red car vibe, or a red car personality. Which for me is all about being pulled over. Statistics show those in red cars get pulled over more often.
Here I am in my car, well you can't really tell it's not red. Maybe I'm color blind?


To Read the Article click on here >>>: Mittenthal Makes Art to Feed the Soul - -

Comments

Popular Posts