Been So Long - Happy Full Moon!

Last night's almost full moon rising over the Harbor


I can't believe how long since I blogged. Geesh, I guess that means I've been busy. I have been really, really busy. Well, the Castle Hill Auction is behind me, the very busiest week of the summer is coming up, except that I'm feeling really good about it. Next week: Ruth Reichl - "Dinner with Ruth" at the Truro Vineyards is Monday night and it is completely sold out. Tuesday is the lecture with a cocktail party before is 5 people to being sold out to the cocktail party but plenty of seats still available to the lecture. Then on Wednesday is the OuterMost Poetry Festival with Marge Piercy, Martin Espada, Franz Wright. This is a collaboration with local radio station WOMR & Castle Hill at the Wellfleet Congregational Church. If anyone is interested it's $20, $25 at the door.
Martin Espada is teaching next week at Castle Hill, Marge Piercy has taught in the past, and though we never have had Franz Wright teach he is a Pulitzer Prize winning poet. So for creativity, I have been too tired and too hot to make art. I usually do the majority of my art making during the winter, fall and spring anyway. BUT this past week, I took a Mixed Media Encaustic Class with Gregory Wright at Castle Hill. It was a great class and I learned new things, and was able to get my wax going and my shellac / denatured alcohol chops on. Even if I learned nothing....it was great to just "be" with myself and 5 other people for at least 3 hours a day. Ok, let's call it survival.  I am always crazy busy in the summer. I know that, but for some reason, with the 40th year, no associate director, it just feels like a bunch to me.
So today, big full moon of August 13th, I went kayaking during high tide. There was no wind, the water was like mercury. It was perfect. The sun was shining but a little overcast. We sat next to a boat that had around 50 seabirds on the bow, flying around, singing loudly. I got home and looked it up and what it looked to me like was a Sooty Tern. I didn't take this picture, as (I took it off of Wikepedia). I decided not to bring my camera / iphone on the water and just be in it, with it. It was GREAT! So happy full moon. High Tide is at Midnight. Carla and I are thinking of taking a late night kayak under the full moon. (if it is clear out) and if the water is glowing (which it always is!) Happy Summer, which is almost over. I'm ok with that. A tiny bit more time to just be and not work 60+ hours a week. Here are a few new pieces I did this past week.

Comments

Popular Posts