Spring Now (hopefully)

I can't believe how long it's been since I wrote in my Blog?  Not good. I thought I would write all the time. I had fear that I would run out of things to say. And maybe I did for a month or two but now I'm back. Well it has been a very busy few months. I did manage to get away for 10 days and that was good and really needed. I snorkeled for the first time in my life.


I swam under the water with a Spotted Eagle Ray(see above)  and a few clown fish and lots of blues iridescent  and yellow ones too. Also swam with big Leather back Turtles named Tina and Ike and sea urchins. Culebra is a very beautiful Island off the coast of Puerto Rico. Quiet. Not much night life. Amazing beaches, a national preserve of the reefs in that region with some of the best off-the-beach snorkeling in the world. (ok, I might have made that up)

Click Here to see a little video of the vacation in Culebra!

I have been painting some new paintings, and just delivered about 8 pieces to Kobalt Gallery for an opening next week, as part of the APPEARANCES: A Green Arts Festival in Provincetown for the next few weeks (mid April 15 - 23 or so) - lot of great things going on.

I also painted a Beehive for Rebecca Matarazzi who asked I think 4 or 5 artists were invited to paint - the will live at the community garden. So, I just finished that. I think Marian Roth, Connie Hatch, Sally Brophy, Joan Pereira and maybe someone else painted them.


The other thing that I have been working on is some clay bees. I made a bunch of them and was thinking of painting them in wax and embed them in some paintings, but I love them as an object. Right now they are just scattered on my dining room table and they look fab. Not sure what will become of them but I enjoy making them.
The one below is better. That flash went off by mistake.

It's about 10" long and 11" wide. Stoneware in Cone 10. I'm really glad those wings didn't fall off.


Had a good day today, painted and did some cleaning in my studio. Preparing for John Bonelli to arrive.

Happy Spring.

Cherie




Comments

Popular Posts