A Year of Good Shows

I started this post last April! Kind of scary, I had a very busy year in life and love and loss,  but also a good year of making art and having lots of shows! So...since I never posted this, I thought it might be good to stroll down memory lane of a few of my shows.

 I was part of a great show in February which was curated by Terry Gips, at Gallery Galetea in Boston. This show was with 5 artist who worked with an animal theme. Animales.




Vicky Tomayko was also in the show
It was my first show in Boston and was a great turn out and a beautiful show!

Then there was a Juried Invitational Show in Hartford, which was part of an Artworks Gallery Reunion show at ArtSpace downtown. It was juried by Michael Shortell and Clint Deckert. It was a big show and I did make it down to the opening and saw lots of people I haven't seen in over 10 years. 



On the left the curator Michael Shortell, who I worked for, for over 8 years in Hartford. To the right a random man.

Me with Tulip, encaustic and mixed media on paper


My sister Linda and my Mom Arlene came to the show, my father taking photos!
The Reunion of Artworks Gallery Members

The second of Traveling show called Swept Away: Translucence, Transparence, Transcendence in Contemporary Encaustic at the Hunterdon Museum in New Jersey. This show first took place 2 years ago at the Cape Cod Museum of Art, this was a beautiful show, which included 37 artists! Happy to be part of it and looking forward to another big show at the Cape Cod Museum for the 10th Anniversary of the International Encaustic Conference. That is in the pipe-line.


Then in June, 2014, I had a solo show, EMERGENCE at Kobalt Gallery in Provincetown. My second solo show at the gallery, I thought it was a great success. I sold a bunch of work and it was great to see the body of work all together. Lots of larger works and in my opinion my best work to date.












I'm looking forward to being part of a Show "Organic to Geometric: Investigations in Structure and Surface" at the Heftler Gallery in the Manninen Center for the Arts at Endicott College, January 19 to March 20, 2015. This show is curated by Carol Pelletier the other artist in the show are:
Natalie Abrams
Dawna Bemis
Binnie Birstein
Pamela Blum
Howard Hersh
Ruth Hiller
Jeff Hirst
Karen Freedman
Milisa Galazzi
Shelley Gilchrist
Susan Lasch Krevitt
Joanne Mattera
Timothy McDowell
Cherie Mittenthal
Nancy Natale
Carol Pelletier
Paul Rinaldi
Toby Sisson

So, if you're in the area, hope you can stop by!

Comments

Popular Posts