So busy Now I see Why

Hello BLOG!
I realized it's been 2 months since I wrote in my blog. I have 3 shows up right now. One solo show at the Council on Aging in Truro.  I was a little resistant to do the show at the Council on Aging, but last fall Eleanor Meldahl called me up and said, I really want you to do a show, so I can see what all this encaustic is all about! Then this year, February she passed away. So I want to dedicate my show to her. I am sad about her passing, though she did live a long happy life. She was one of the founders of Castle Hill.







I had no idea there were so many walls over there at the Council on Aging, so I decided to hang work on all of them, I have 50 pieces in this show! That is a lot of work! It's nice to see all of them together. There are a lot of farm animals I've done over time.



I was invited to be in the Art of the Garden show at the Provincetown Art Association & Museum, and have 8 new paintings at Kobalt Gallery which is located in their older location. The gallery looks great!


This is the Curator Richard Lacasse & me at the opening

I realized I hadn't taken any pictures in the new Kobalt Gallery as of yet, but I will soon.


So the other part of my life is Lily, the perfect 6 month old puppy! In the last week she had a sprained toe, couldn't walk on it, and 3 days later got fixed, (spade). So for the next 14 days she is suppose to not jump or run or go in the water. Let me tell you close to impossible. She is a puppy, and REALLY wants to run wildly and burn off a little steam. Harpo her perfect brother, has an eye infecting and and ear infection, floppy dog ears get them and Harpo gets them more than I like. 






So, now that you see how ridiculously cute she and Harpo are you can see how busy they can keep you. I know there is a lot of blur, but that is just the way they are and I'm going with it.

Then there is the 6th International Encaustic Conference happening in the next 2 weeks in Provincetown at the Provincetown Inn! We have 250 people coming from 35 states and 8 countries! Joanne Mattera, the founder and director and I are a very good team. She is type A and I'm a type C. That is a good combo! We joke that she sends me color coordinated notes and I make lists and loose them on my desk. Besides the conference Castle Hill is producing 30 pre and post workshops and I have 3 new staff members. All really fabulous! There are 2 exhibitions at Castle Hill; 2 for the Provincetown Inn, site of The Conference; and 12 at galleries in town, including the Conference juried show at Kobalt Gallery, juried by Francine D'Olimpio. That's 16 galleries, with some 120 exhibiting artists.   To see a full list of galleries click here

As soon as this is over, Castle Hill plows into full gear with 100+ workshops! 15 events, 10 Gallery shows and probably 8 house parties for the capital campaign.


I'm very excited to part of the Pollination Show happening at ArtCurrent curated by Gregory Wright.
And I'm participating int the show for presenters at Schoolhouse Gallery.

Also I'm curating a show at Castle Hill with 5 fabulous artists, David Clark, Toby Sisson, Lisa Pressman, Marybeth Rothman & Paula Roland!
And the other thing going on in my life at work is I am in the midst of a Capital Campaign to purchase a building located in the center of Castle Hill. We just entered into the public part of the campaign. The first year is the quiet stage. We have raise $512,000 of our $850,000 goal. Castle Hill has wanted to purchase this building since 1971 when Joyce Johnson could have purchased it for $1,000 more dollars and couldn't raise one more buck. I have been adamant that this is the year it's got to happen. Hired a great consultant working with us (Cynthia Barger).

The building in the center of this photo is the one we are trying to purchase. See what I'm saying!



Ok going to bed now!

Comments

  1. My god, no wonder you have to go to bed! I'm tired just reading all this!

    Your work looks great, Cherie. Congratulations on your shows and all your other work. The capital campaign seems to be coming along very well. And, oh yes, there's that conference and all of that. Not to mention the summer coming up.

    See you soon and hope you get plenty of rest before you won't be able to until Fall comes around.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts