Palettes & Play


Sunset with a fire for the Encaustic Crowd - Thanks to Greg!

So I thought I would do a little juxtaposition of Drumming & Palettes. Wednesday night (of the Post week) Lynette Haggard's husband Greg wanted to offer a drumming circle to the wax folks....didn't take much to bring 20 + artists  together to try and find rhythm. The weather was perfect, the sunset at 8:30 or so, the pink sky and the fire brought it all together. Everyone shared drums and other percussion like instruments. The best was Sherry Posternak with her one hand strumming the gourd and the other hand drinking wine out of a little Dixie cup.




Then after our little in service on rhythm everyone felt good to flow into the groove.

Elena with Fire and Dune

This was a beautiful griddle of color!

You can tell this was early in the day of waxing!
More drumming, more fire. Here is a great photo (below) of Joanne. She took her drumming very seriously AND she had her own drum! A nice one too.

Joanne Mattera drumming with sunset
Color.

Here is me and Kimberly Kent trying to follow directions



Another Drumming Moment.

I love this photo - Elena De La Ville and Catherine Nash and Fire and Pink Sky
Medium.

This was a palette of Medium from Miles Conrad's Off The Wall Class

Drumming is fun. Just follow the leader and hope this (wax) crowd has some rhythm. He didn't mind if we didn't.

Greg watching the sun while drumming

And the beat continues....

Tightening her drum heat by the heat of the fire

Just another lovely palette of colors



Here I am with my marshmallow on fire or was it a small comet with Kimberly Kent?
This was a really lovely night. Fire on the beach is something I want all the time. Not sure why I don't do it more often. Last year, I organized a fun fire on the beach and the wind picked up and they wouldn't give me a permit..... so thank you to Lynette and to Greg for offering this to everyone who was still around and bringing all those chairs and drums!

I like the circles of the drums with the colors of the palettes, who knew that color and drumming worked so well together!!

All the drum photos were taken by Carla Anderson & all the palette photos were taken by me.

Comments

Popular Posts