Foggy

The view from my deck is gone, well it's not really gone but the fog has rolled in and all I see is that flowing American flag. I'm not really into American flags, but there is something about them when they are at the water's edge. Like you sailed your boat and you are totally lost, and you happen to bash into the shore and see the American flag and know that you are in safe lands....or something like that. It's not that I'm anti-American or anything, or ever have the need to destroy it in anyway. I just like it by the water's edge.

Really what I like is fog. I also like mist. The foggiest place in the world is the Grand Banks off the island of Newfoundland, the second is probably Cape Cod. I made that up, but living on Cape Cod does remind you about the weather.

Fog is a cloud based on the ground, rather than in the atmosphere. Fog forms when there is a lot of moisture near the ground, or when the air near the ground cools to the dew point. The temperature to which air must be cooled in order for the water vapor in the air to condense into liquid water is known as the dew point. If air near the ground cools to this temperature, water vapor from the air will become visible as dew on the ground or fog in the air.   It's not easy for all these things to be in place. Which might be why I am in love with fog.

I think it will be foggy for the next 4 days, with some occasional storms throughout.

Comments

  1. You'd love the fog in the desert! It seems so impossible, but there it is most mornings when there has been the tiniest bit of dew or dampness during the night. I've got some photos right next to our house. You'd thing you were on Cape Cod or at Loch Lomand in Scotland. Absolutely eery :-O !

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts