Art

I thought I would show some of my works over the past few years. Most of this work is works on handmade paper with oil stick and mixed media.




This is my first and only egg tempera painting, Giant Bug on Beach





The following images are from my Weather Series. They started out with oils stick on handmade paper, to combining oil stick and encuastic on panels - this was from 2008







Then I began doing Patron Saints of Weather, I did these for more than a year, and I'm still doing them on and off. This series began on a rag board with encaustic, and were ultimately framed behind glass. My new series of Saints are on panels. I love how they have changed and grown over the many years.







Then I realized as nice Jewish girl that there was a Patron Saint of EVERYTHING.... so, I moved from weather, to everything, like wax melters, to all sorts of things.





Then in 2009, I got a commission form Applegate Farms to do a series of Patron Saints for their main offices. As a vegetarian, I had a lot of fun with this! So, I did the Patron Saint of Milkmaids, Farm Workers and Butchers.







Comments

  1. Hooray for artists blogging! Cherie, I am so glad to see your blog up and running -- I've long been a fan of your art, and it's awesome to be able to see it here, accompanied by your thoughts and reflections. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is awesome!..way to go,.. Looking forward to more posts and thanks for being a follower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well this is all new to me. So far I am enjoying it!!

    c

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts